LAST UPDATED: Wednesday April 29, 2020
Wednesday April 29, 2020
After careful consideration regarding COVID-19, and ensuring that our actions align with our mission, vision and value statements in support of the safety and welfare for the 110 clients who attend our Adult Day Training Program, we have decided to remain closed at both locations:
- St. Andrew Bay Center, 1810 Carolina Ave.
- The Sirmons Learning Center, 1700 Alabama Ave.
in Lynn Haven with plans of reopening on Monday, June 1st.
The Arc of the Bay has had no known cases of employees, program participants or visitors who have been exposed to or are exhibiting symptoms consistent with those of COVID-19. This decision is based on several factors, including our practice to follow the procedures of the Bay District Schools, statewide and national efforts to reduce the potential spread of COVID-19 and our mission we have to support our vulnerable population and their families.
We are continuing to find creative ways to teach and interact with our Students:
- Monday: We will email our weekly “NEWS IN EDUCATION” an initiative from our partnership with The Panama City News Herald.
- Tuesday/Friday: Arc of the Bay Facebook – posting creative & exploring activities.
- Wednesday: Facetime – Direct Care Professionals reaching out to their students.
- Thursday: At 1pm Educational/Creative Packets will be available for a drive through pickup at our St. Andrew Bay Center.
We appreciate your patience, understanding and prayers as we navigate our future plans for the special individuals that we have the privilege to serve.
We will continue to keep you abreast of any updates and changes.
Other COVID-19 Resources
COVID-19 Call Center available 24/7 +1 (866) 779-6121 or email [email protected]
For more detail on Florida resident cases, please visit the live DOH Dashboard here.
* Florida residents that are diagnosed with COVID-19 and isolated out of state are not reflected on the Florida map.
** Total cases overview includes positive cases in Florida residents and non-Florida residents tested in Florida.
More Information on COVID-19
To find the most up-to-date information and guidance on COVID-19, please visit the Department of Health’s dedicated COVID-19 webpage. For information and advisories from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), please visit the CDC COVID-19 website. For more information about current travel advisories issued by the U.S. Department of State, please visit the travel advisory website.
For any other questions related to COVID-19 in Florida, please contact the Department’s dedicated COVID-19 Call Center by calling 1-866-779-6121. The Call Center is available 24 hours per day. Inquiries may also be emailed to [email protected].